Death
EKUNDAYO
EKUNDAYO
(True Life Story)
My eyes took it not to shed tears
But left it for my heart to fear
As they brought out the wrapped corpse
Death has brilliantly finished another course
My hands on Mum's shoulder
Telling her not to cry further
"Okun omo Iya yi gan ni", she answered not
She wailed as they carry the corpse inside
I've lost yet another uncle to Azrael
Oju mi kun fun Omi, thoughts filled my heart
As he was lowered into earth, I looked away
I led Mum away and we set a slow pace
"EKUNDAYO, Who is your wife?"
"Who did you impregnate before death?"
"Who carry your baby, let's spoil her with care?"
I could hear Grandma questioning the air
EKUNDAYO left with nothing to show
Yeah! nothing to show for his existence
EKUNDAYO lo bi ejo to koja Lori apata
You left with our Joy and dropped Tears
© Jahismine
Post a Comment
0 Comments