NIGERIA, MY BED-WETTING LOVER

The Birth of my Lover was beautiful in 1914
With jubilation, born as the giant of Africa
My Love left her parents in 1960
And I got married to my Love in year 2000

For better, For worse till death do us part
I have signed to always love my Lover
To cherish and protect her integrity
But her imperfections are choking me up

As decorated as my Lover is, she still bed-wet
The smell of Urine still envelopes her gown
I was told she started it long time ago
Even before she gained her independence

The birds of peace has been chased away
By the constant smell of our matrimonial bed
Visitors don't want to come to our house again
Because they couldn't stand the pungent aroma

Tears flow down her parent's eyes
My heart breaks at the sight of my Lover
When will this stop? When will it end?
Who will cure my bed-wetting Lover?

NIGERIA, MY BED-WETTING LOVER

© Jahismine