Deep
TO HIM AND ZEUS
To Him and Zeus
To Him:
Your clanging swords
have forced words out
of my well-preserved heart
and silent loud lips;
Piercings and slaughtering
you've promised my flesh;
But here is my offering too -
Resurrection after hit;
To Zeus:
"Oh Zeus, son of Cronus!
Accept my burnt offering,
Thou youngest son of Rhea!
For this rising cosmos;
Someone summoned Hades
against the muse of calliope
you gave me at Olympus
at the dawn of my life's race;
In this space, death is inevitable,
Immortality too is inevitable,
Resurrection too is inevitable,
And I too am inevitable;
For I want to taste death,
I want to taste Resurrection,
I want to taste Immortality,
And forever be in the taste buds of the world;
Of what use is a dead me
if Calliope became my only used muse?
I crave Erato and Euterpe too
to be perfect in this race;
Make me a religion!
Send me a scroll!
Deliver me from Hades!
And make me forever inevitable! - thou Zeus"
To Him:
Upon the highest mountains
have I placed my feet against
your slaughtering swords
and dreaded death;
For I've offered to Zeus
and he has accepted my rituals;
I'll fight you to death!
Resurrection and Immortality awaits me;
And my second death,
You shall not witness;
Even the end of the world will never!
And my Longevity will welcome Eternity.
theBARDboy
Jahismine
Post a Comment
0 Comments